Your child might benefit from seeing a Speech Pathologist if they have speech and language issues including:
- Difficulties being understood by other people
- Difficulties understanding what people say
A Speech Pathologist can also help your child if they:
- Have an intellectual disability and/or need help finding alternative ways to communicate
- Suffer from a history of ear infections and need help with communication
- Need assistance learning to read.
Our Speech Pathologist will assess your child’s ability and then design a program that will help them develop the language skills they need.
During the assessment, the Speech Pathologist will:
- Talk with you and your child about what they are experiencing trouble with.
- Ask you about your child’s development, including their medical history.
- Enquire whether anyone else in your family has speech or language difficulties.
- Look at how well your child understands instructions and questions.
- Listen to your child talking to get a good idea of the words and sounds your child uses.
Macedon Ranges: Call 5421 1680 or email email@example.com
Sunbury: Call 9744 4455 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit us at 49 Forest Street Woodend or 12-28 Macedon Street Sunbury