Social Support Groups
Are you restricted by lack of transport, or limited by physical or psychological concerns, making it difficult for you to get out and about in your community? Our Macedon Ranges Social Support team offer a supported bus program to enable you to access local, regional and metropolitan venues and special events with a small group of others from within your community.
The Social Support program runs from Monday to Friday, including door to door pick-up and drop-off. Our staff will accompany you to each planned activity and assist you to make social connections whilst there. Here are some examples of the trips that we do:
- Arts and crafts workshops and demonstrations
- Indoor and outdoor games and sporting activities
- Morning/afternoon tea and lunches at a café
- Parks and gardens
Our programs are planned with your input to optimise activities for small group engagement and to encourage you to retain your independence and choice in your outing selection.
Who is it for?
- People who are over 65 (or 50 if ATSI) and experiencing some additional support needs related to mobility or social isolation (Commonwealth Home Support Program). For information about accessing services via My Aged Care, visit the website: https://www.myagedcare.gov.au/ or phone: 1800 200 422
- Adults with a disability and not eligible for NDIS (HACC Program for Younger People)
- Self-managed NDIS participants
- Home Care Package recipients that are fully funded for Social Support
When: Monday to Friday
Where: Macedon Ranges locations
Learn more or book a place
Call 1300 026 229
Visit us at 1 Caroline Chisholm Drive, Kyneton
Sunbury and Cobaw Community Health acknowledges the support of both the Victorian and Federal Governments.