- 1.0 EFT – ongoing
- Work with a genuine values based organisation
- Generous salary packaging benefits available
- Experienced, supportive dental team
About the role
This position presents an opportunity to work within a supportive dental team with experienced staff. As a dental assistant you will be responsible for supporting the Oral Health Unit in the provision of high quality efficient and effective dental health services to clients in accordance with appropriate clinical standards and policies to ensure an integrated approach to client care.
Key responsibilities will include:
– Clinical chairside duties, as well as instrument reprocessing as required
– Modelling behaviour consistent with the values of Sunbury and Cobaw Community Health.
– Training and participation in Smile Squad, school dental program
– Oral health promotion or education presentations and introduction sessions
– Supporting the Oral Health unit by undertaking admin tasks and quality and safety activities (including infection control) as delegated by the Manager Oral Health
– Supporting other Dental Assistants with day to day tasks and clinical safety requirements.
The Dental Assistant – Oral Health Educator has a passion for the public model of health care and delivering high quality care to our community. They respect differences and value diversity. They actively listen to colleagues and patients to inspire trust and confidence. They have the flexibility to innovate within a changing environment.
- Certificate III in Dental Assisting or equivalent
- Certificate VI in Dental Assisting – Oral Health Education/Promotion
For a confidential discussion, please contact Dr Samantha Lew, Oral Health Services Manager on (03) 9744 9250 (Monday to Thursday) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
As an employer, we value diversity and encourage applicants from all cultures and backgrounds.
To be considered for a role, your application must include a cover letter, resume and responses to the Key Selection Criteria, which need to be submitted via email to: email@example.com
Applications Close: 5pm Friday 22 January 2021